Tuesday 18 June 2013

Life could be a dream

This morning I've been chatting with some people about 'dream workplaces.'

"What would yours look like?" I asked. I imagined I'd hear about plush offices in swish locations, soaring glass and steel constructs with top of the range technology, leather sofas, ping pong tables, free lunches and so on.

Every single person I asked replied in the same way.

"Great people", they said.

They couldn't have cared less about what they labeled 'tree-hugging' workplaces with 'fussy' furniture, or 'weird' practices and 'overcomplicated' layouts. They just needed to be around great people to make work worthwhile.

So here are my next questions: Are you 'great people'?

Are you hiring 'great people'?

If not, what are you doing about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment