Thursday 4 April 2013

Get your motor runnin'

What lights your fire? Who, or what, inspires you?

What gets your eyes shining and your heart racing? Who are the people in your life that deliver, who help you get on and who make you want to achieve?

Why do you do what you do? 

'Money' is not an answer. Why do you do the job you do, and what does it give you that another wouldn't?

What makes you get out of bed?

"Needing to pee", you say? Yes, very good. Sigh...

My sister is having what we refer to as 'a three cup morning', where you need copious amounts of caffeine to get you started. But should your stimulants necesssarily come in a cup?

For me the greatest motivator is often music. On days when energy levels dip and moods are distinctly fractious, a few good tunes can stave off the blues and get the blood pumping.

There are a few old reliables that always, without fail, deliver a better state of mind and get me thinking positively.

For instance, tell me you don't hear this and smile, and I'll yell "Ooh, you fibber!"


When I need to remind myself of true moments of joy and tap into the energy they create in me, this anthem takes me back to watching the ultimate in human achievement unfold on my TV screen and in a sun-drenched Paralympics stadium last year. I hear this and my throat feels hoarse with the memory of yelling for our local hero David Weir.



When I need serenity, moments of soaring noise that make my heart expand, and to be reminded of the true beauty in the world around us, I reach for this. What? No, I just have something in my eye...



What smile-inducing, heart-boosting, blood-pumping music are you reaching for right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment